Verified Reviewer

Turkish Airlines Customer Service,

I am a loyal customer of Turkish Airlines. I have flown on your airline on a regular basis for the past 10 years.

My most recent flight on your airline was for 3/7/22 4/1/22.

My family and I purchased 5 business class tickets which included travel from Minneapolis to Chicago, then Chicago to Istanbul along with the same return flights.

On April 1st we went to the Istanbul airport in preparation to return to the US. Upon arriving to the airport to check in we stood in the business class line for over 2 hours.

While we were waiting there were no services on your part to provide us with coffee or water. In addition, very few people spoke English to accommodate us.

We were able to fly to the US but the flight was over 2 hours late. When we went to baggage claim to receive our bags they were almost the last ones to be dropped on the carousel (even though they were supposed to come off first since we were business class).

This caused us to miss our flight to Minneapolis.

We then proceeded to the United Airlines (your partner) counter to try to get a new flight. We waited in that line for a little over an hour, then we told that there wouldnt be a flight available until the next day and that we would have to split my family into 2 different flights on that next day.

Please note that April 2nd was the first day of Ramadan. We intentionally had booked our flight to come home the day before Ramadan so that we would be able the spend the first day fasting and gathering with family in the US. Needless to say this did not happen.

At this point the United Airlines agent stated that we would have to go speak to the Turkish Airlines agent.

Then we waited over an hour to talk to your agent, who then needed to speak to someone else. We waited an additional 30 minutes until we were told that the flight to Minneapolis would be on a different carrier at 6 am the next morning. Please mind you it was almost midnight at that time and we were exhausted.

We were then given a voucher for transportation and for a hotel. We waited for over 30 min.

for the transportation vehicle but it never showed up. So we took a taxi instead and paid for the cost of that rather than use the voucher.

Upon arriving to the Comfort Inn (which is comparable to a 1 start hotel) it smelled like mildew and was very dirty. We then found out that the 5 of us only had 1 room to sleep in. My wife and 1 of my children had to sleep on a chair.

There was not even tissue paper or water in the room. And the room was freezing cold. Keep in mind that while in Turkey we stayed in a 5 star hotel, so this is what we are accustomed to.

We slept for only a few hours then arrived to the airport at 4 am and proceeded to the check in counter. We were then told that Turkish Airlines never confirmed our tickets.

After standing there for an hour the agent managed to get my daughters ticket confirmed, but that I would be on a waiting list.

5-10 minutes before the departure my name was called to be on the flight. Then the plane had technical problems, so we waited an hour for the plane to be repaired. Then we finally flew to Minneapolis and were all very exhausted.

This was the most miserable experience flying with Turkish Airlines with a very miserable ending. You can imagine how my family and I felt.

This is not how we should have to end our beautiful vacation to Turkey.

Unless you make it up to us we will never fly with your airline again. No amount of money will solve what we went through, but I believe that you need to take some kind of responsibility for what happened to me and my family.

Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota