I used Turkish airlines to fly on the date March, 28th from Zagreb to Istanbul and the flight was very comfortable, stuff professional and we arrived on time,
I bought the ticket for return on 31th 2015., from Istanbul to Zagreb but because of thier fault, I had to take another flight on the date April 01st, 2015.
As stated above, on March, 31th 2015 I wanted to fly with Turkish airlines from Istanbul/Turkey to Zagreb and later from Zagreb to Zadar with airline company Croatia Airlines.
But, on that date there was massive power outage in the whole city of Istanbul, which lasted till late afternoon and stopped public transportation for hours. Despite that I managed to come at the airport and on the check in counter at exactly 17 h. The lines for check in were enormous, however there was nobody to give information from Turkish airlines or show the counter for baggage drop off.
On the counter of airline company a very unprofessional clerk told me that I am late and didn`t even bother to give me more information, to help me find the solution. She rudely denied my boarding and continued how I must buy another ticket. The conversation was almost impossible because her English was very poor. I tried to explain that because of electricity outage there are enormous queues but she didn`t even bother to listen to me.
As I result of this situation I had to buy another ticket that cost me 220 euros, and I lost the possibility to fly with connecting flight to Zadar.
On April, 1st the plane to Zagreb was delayed and the boarding started only 5 minutes before the scheduled time for a flight that irritated all the other passengers.
Herby I am sending you a photo of boarding, my ticket for March,31st and April, 1st 2015.
I repeat that I was at check in at time but due to power outage, the systems were partly shout down, there were enormous lines and airline company could not do the check in on time.
As a circumstance of this I was delayed to work and suffered a serious problems in professional life..
I asked them to refund me the ticket price from Istanbul to Zagreb but there was no answer. .
More Review Details
|Number of Destinations|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Level of Comfort|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Complaint follow-up
- Airport service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Flight Check In
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I parked my car with a valet in downtown (4th / hill ) I leave my key with them because they need to manage my car to a right spot,..."
- "On 3/2/2015 I took a DIRECT flight on Spirit Airlines from FLL to BOS. Flight number 610 to be exact. I was traveling with my one-year-old son at the time. We..."
- "There are a lot of complaints launched about the Toronto Transit Commission's Service and I can see Why? I have actually complained to them before, but they are unfortunately one of..."
- "2 days ago I ordered a pizza online from the closest Dominos Pizza branch to my house (Kucukyali-Istanbul). They delivered it on time but when I opened it there was..."
- "I have ordered 2 self balancing scooter from 2 different companies in Aliexpress.. Both the companies did not send the goods within time. So called Alipay did not pay my..."
- "Hi,Last week i have bought a second hand Toyota Corolla 2004 Model 1.6 Hatchback.I have found this car on internet and i agreed on price with the previous owner.Personally, i..."
- "We purchase a home in Warners ny . We asked for the full size bathroom rough in for our basement . Now we have decided to finish our basement and..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."