Turkish Airlines - UNPROFESSIONAL

I used Turkish airlines to fly on the date March, 28th from Zagreb to Istanbul and the flight was very comfortable, stuff professional and we arrived on time,

I bought the ticket for return on 31th 2015., from Istanbul to Zagreb but because of thier fault, I had to take another flight on the date April 01st, 2015.

As stated above, on March, 31th 2015 I wanted to fly with Turkish airlines from Istanbul/Turkey to Zagreb and later from Zagreb to Zadar with airline company Croatia Airlines.

But, on that date there was massive power outage in the whole city of Istanbul, which lasted till late afternoon and stopped public transportation for hours. Despite that I managed to come at the airport and on the check in counter at exactly 17 h. The lines for check in were enormous, however there was nobody to give information from Turkish airlines or show the counter for baggage drop off.

On the counter of airline company a very unprofessional clerk told me that I am late and didn`t even bother to give me more information, to help me find the solution. She rudely denied my boarding and continued how I must buy another ticket. The conversation was almost impossible because her English was very poor. I tried to explain that because of electricity outage there are enormous queues but she didn`t even bother to listen to me.

As I result of this situation I had to buy another ticket that cost me 220 euros, and I lost the possibility to fly with connecting flight to Zadar.

On April, 1st the plane to Zagreb was delayed and the boarding started only 5 minutes before the scheduled time for a flight that irritated all the other passengers.

Herby I am sending you a photo of boarding, my ticket for March,31st and April, 1st 2015.

I repeat that I was at check in at time but due to power outage, the systems were partly shout down, there were enormous lines and airline company could not do the check in on time.

As a circumstance of this I was delayed to work and suffered a serious problems in professional life..

I asked them to refund me the ticket price from Istanbul to Zagreb but there was no answer. .

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Flight Check In
Review category
review #618492 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Turkish Airlines? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.