I used Turkish airlines to fly on the date March, 28th from Zagreb to Istanbul and the flight was very comfortable, stuff professional and we arrived on time,
I bought the ticket for return on 31th 2015., from Istanbul to Zagreb but because of thier fault, I had to take another flight on the date April 01st, 2015.
As stated above, on March, 31th 2015 I wanted to fly with Turkish airlines from Istanbul/Turkey to Zagreb and later from Zagreb to Zadar with airline company Croatia Airlines.
But, on that date there was massive power outage in the whole city of Istanbul, which lasted till late afternoon and stopped public transportation for hours. Despite that I managed to come at the airport and on the check in counter at exactly 17 h. The lines for check in were enormous, however there was nobody to give information from Turkish airlines or show the counter for baggage drop off.
On the counter of airline company a very unprofessional clerk told me that I am late and didn`t even bother to give me more information, to help me find the solution. She rudely denied my boarding and continued how I must buy another ticket. The conversation was almost impossible because her English was very poor. I tried to explain that because of electricity outage there are enormous queues but she didn`t even bother to listen to me.
As I result of this situation I had to buy another ticket that cost me 220 euros, and I lost the possibility to fly with connecting flight to Zadar.
On April, 1st the plane to Zagreb was delayed and the boarding started only 5 minutes before the scheduled time for a flight that irritated all the other passengers.
Herby I am sending you a photo of boarding, my ticket for March,31st and April, 1st 2015.
I repeat that I was at check in at time but due to power outage, the systems were partly shout down, there were enormous lines and airline company could not do the check in on time.
As a circumstance of this I was delayed to work and suffered a serious problems in professional life..
I asked them to refund me the ticket price from Istanbul to Zagreb but there was no answer. .
More Review Details
|Level of Comfort|
|Number of Destinations|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Complaint follow-up
- Airport service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Flight Check In
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I parked my car with a valet in downtown (4th / hill ) I leave my key with them because they need to manage my car to a right spot,..."
- " I flew overseas from Washington through TAV (Ataturk Airport). We missed the next connection trip because of the gate numbers confusion on the monitors. After we realized that..."
- "I am issuing a very bad experience with Turkish airlines. My brother bag was lost on his journey from Cairo airport to Ercan airport on flight no. TK0695 from Cairo..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "100% FAILED, RECALLED Matress- their brand! I have a spinal fusion and now needd 2 surgeries.... I count on my mattress to be GREAT- so they claim- Admitted faulty product!..."
- "When the quote representative/salesperson called, they proceeded to ask questions about my prospective purchase and still refused to give a comparative estimate of various plans! They claimed that I had..."
- "I recently read about the Burger King in Istanbul whose manager beat a starving child until his face bled - I am disgusted by the fact that NO COMPENSATION was..."
- "I have purchased a Seiko branded wrist watch a year ago. I have chosen the brand because of good advertisement about it for years. But I what I realise is..."
- "I really like Xiaomi products. I started to use them since their first power bank. When I saw new Xiaomi earphones I wanted to buy them so I ordered one..."