1.5
Level of Comfort

I had a horrible experience while I was travelling to Dhaka, Bangladesh with Turkish Airlines.The flight was delayed by almost 9 hours which made me miss my connection from Istanbul.

However, since my US student visa expired 2 months earlier I was not granted a visa to enter Turkey to get a hotel room. And was asked to pay for the hotel room at the Airport all by myself. My next flight was exactly 24 hours later so I was forced to stay in a foreign airport lobby for a whole day and night with all my luggage and stuff. I immediately filed a complaint through the feedback form at the website.

Couple of days later someone wrote me back asking for my full address where they could send something as a compensation. I sent my address and never heard back from them. I called Turkish Airlines several times to check on the status of what they promised with no luck. Eight months later, I filed a complaint through US DOT but the response I got from Turkish airlines officials was hilarious.

They said that I was treated right because they let me stay in the airport lounge.But they completely avoided the fact that they did not put me in a hotel which I must have gotten access to.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. elebele19 stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service and complaint follow-up. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of turkish airlines flight. Turkish Airlines needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned turkish airlines flight in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Turkish Airlines.

Had an Experience with Turkish Airlines?

Comments